The purpose of the Equity Committee is to advise the District Director of Equity to:
- Express and speak for school community concerns related to equal educational opportunities and multicultural/gender fair education.
- Make recommendations for the school program as it relates to equal educational opportunity and multicultural/gender fair education.
- Relate information about multicultural/gender fair education to the school community.
- Assist in the reviewing of progress reports regarding equity programs in the district and equity legislation applicable to the school district.
- Serve as liaison between parents/patrons and the school district relative to equity issues.
- Relay issues of community interest and concern related to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, equal educational opportunity, and multicultural/gender fair education to the school administration and school board.
- Serve as lay/community resource persons for reacting to the district’s development and implementation of the multicultural/gender fair education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action plans.
- Relay information on school educational and employment equity activities to community at large.
- Review all District programs and employment policies and practices to assess the degree, which they promote multicultural/gender fair concepts.
- Promote more positive inter-group relations within the community as well as to foster positive inter-group understanding and skills among students, employees, and the community.
- Provide support for the school district’s multicultural/gender fair education program and its equal employment opportunity/affirmative action plan.
Time: 5:00-6:30 pm
Dates: First Wednesday of each month
- September 1st
- October 6th
- November 3rd
- December 1st
- January 5th
- February 2nd
- March 2nd
- April 6th
- May 4th
- June 1st
- July 6th
**Equity Advisory Committee meetings are open to anyone. If you are interested in attending please e-mail Andrea Jayne (firstname.lastname@example.org) no less than 24 hours before the scheduled meeting so that you can receive a Zoom link.**
Equity Committee Members
Paras Bassuk, Co-Chair
Dasia Taylor, Co-Chair
Jessie Harper, Vice Chair
Andrea Jayne, Secretary
Brian F. Brandsmeier
JP Claussen, ICCSD School Board Member
Charlie Eastham, ICCSD School Board Member
Laura Gray, Director of Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
Eric Howard, Director of Equity and Employee Relations