Make an Appointment
Healthy Kids School-based Health Clinics (HKSBHC) aims to work collaboratively with local providers in terms of clients served. We serve children and adolescents ages 0-21, residents of Johnson County, who are uninsured, underinsured, and those having trouble reaching healthcare services. A few examples of clients served include:
- New Iowa residents transitioning to receive medical insurance (either public or private)
- Children who are ineligible for healthcare services due to a variety of circumstances
- Underinsured children, whose family medical insurance plans offer only acute care but do not cover general well checks
- Children who have fallen out of healthcare eligibility due to a variety of circumstances
- Children who have been referred via school personnel who are working with families to access primary care
- Children of traveling/visiting scholars who may only have emergency or acute medical coverage
If your child has health insurance, our Clinic Coordinators can help connect families with a local pediatrician, family practice provider, dentist, or ophthalmologist. If your child has TXIX/Medicaid or Hawk-i, you may also call Johnson County Public Health's Child Health Department at (319)356-6045 for additional assistance to connect to a medical provider.
Scheduling An Appointment
Services are provided by appointment only. Clinic schedules vary each year, so please contact us to confirm time and locations. If you think your child may qualify for HKSBHC services, you may contact us in the following ways to schedule an appointment:
- Call or text the clinic cell at (319) 631-3204 to request an appointment. If we do not answer, PLEASE leave a message so we can get back to you ASAP. Make sure you leave your name and a telephone number where you can be reached.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click HERE to book an appointment. (You MUST have a Gmail account to use this option).