Healthy Kids School-Based Clinics
An extension of health services offered in the Iowa City Community School District, Healthy Kids School-based Health Clinics (HKSBHC) serves Johnson County residents ages 0 to high school graduation age.
Healthy Kids is a community-supported, free medical clinic funded by United Way, community donations, and in-kind donations from the Iowa City Community School District and the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Our mission is to work collaboratively with area medical partners to provide primary care, mental health services, and access to specialty care for underserved/uninsured children.
Another important part of our mission is to help connect families who are eligible for healthcare assistance or newly insured to resources in the area(ex. finding a local dental provider or applying for Hawk-i or Medicaid).
- Marguerite Oetting, Medical Director
- Jamie Nguyen, Clinic Coordinator
- Guadalupe Hurtado, Assistant Clinic Coordinator
- Dr. Marguerite Oetting, Pediatrician
- Dr. Emad Abou-Arab, Family Practice Physician
- Dr. Nancy Beyer, Child Psychiatrist
- Anne Hartson, Retired Nurse Practitioner & Clinic Volunteer RN
- Dr. Art Nowak, Volunteer Clinic Dentist
Call us : (319) 631-3204
Healthy Kids is rescheduling all routine visits until further notice. We are scheduling telephone appointments with our providers and in exceptional circumstances, we can treat a patient in clinic. We do not treat COVID-19 symptoms but our providers can provide guidance over the phone. You may also call 211 for information.
- Please call or text us for appointments or for information on our services. If we do not answer, please leave a voicemail and we will get back to you ASAP.