Welcome to West High School and the Iowa City Community School District!

  • In order to officially enroll at West High please read the following information in order to get the process started. 

    Check out the District Enrollment Process for information and forms. 

    Requirements for Enrollment

    A parent/guardian* must accompany the student to the guidance office. Every new student will be given an HLS (Home Language Survey).

    Proof of residence (Bring any 1 of the 2 items)

    • Lease contract 
    • Purchase agreement for home or condo

    Placement tests in English (for students whose first language is not English) and mathematics may be arranged by the Guidance secretary.

    If applicable, please bring the most recent I.E.P. or 504 or special accommodation copies.

    Please Also Bring:
    Unofficial or official transcript from previous school
    Withdrawal grades from previous school
    Immunization record
    Copy of Birth Certificate for the student/Passport or Visa
    Name and Address of last school attended (e-mail contact at previous school)
    Money for West High School fees

    New students and parents may wish to check courses online in ICCSD Program of Studies