LITTLE HAWKS CLUB BY-LAWS
ARTICLE 1. NAME
The name of this organization shall be the Little Hawks Club (LHC).
ARTICLE 2. BASIC POLICIES
This organization follows the general policies and guidelines of the Iowa City Community School District (ICCSD).
ARTICLE 3. PURPOSE
- To enhance the rich tradition of loyalty to athletics City High School (CHS) and South East Junior High (SEJH).
- To provide opportunities for supporters to donate of their time, talent and financial aid in a broad range of
- To develop coordinate fund raising projects to assure fund raising projects to assure Little Hawk athletes the maximum chance for success in all
- To foster attitudes of pride and spirit throughout the Little Hawk
ARTICLE 4. GENERAL MEMBERSHIP
- Membership is open to anyone willing to serve of their time, talent or financial support to further the purposes of the
- Members are required to register Membership is for one school year (July 1 -June 30).
- Dues are collected at the time of LHC
ARTICLE 5. BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- The Board of Directors shall consist of 21 or more single or family
- There will be one vote per family unit
- The Athletic Director serves as a nonvoting member of the
- Nominations for Board Members to fill vacancies will be made by the Nominating Committee each Nominations may also be made from the floor at the May meeting when new Board Members are elected by the general LHC membership in attendance.
- The Board of Directors should consist of committed individuals who have one or more children at SEJH or CHS representing a diverse cross-section of each
- Directors shall serve a term of one Directors may succeed themselves.
- Directors must pay their annual dues by August 15 each
- Board of Directors Members must attend at least 6 of the 12 meetings during the year to maintain good member
- Each member is entitled to vote for new LHC Board Members to fill vacancies on the Board at the May meeting each
- Board Meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm or at another time as determined by the President with reasonable
- Monthly meetings will be open to the membership and public
- An agenda for each monthly meeting will be available at the office of the Athletic Director on the Monday prior to the
- The presence of at least a simple majority of the family units of the Board of Directors shall constitute a quorum for transaction of
- Each Board of Directors family unit shall be entitled to one vote on any question brought before a The vote of the majority shall carry except on changes to the By-Laws, which require a two-thirds majority to pass.
- Collection and Distribution of Funds
- The Treasurer will maintain all funds in club
- Needs will be prioritized by the Athletic Director in consultation with the coaches and school administrators, as
- Expenditures will be approved by a vote of the LHC Board of Directors with the intention of promoting maximum benefit possible to all athletic
- Monies generated or collected, as "designated funds" will be accounted for individually on the Treasurer’s report.
- Designated funds will be distributed at the discretion of the Athletic Director in consultation with the coaching staff from the designated
- All funds collected by or on behalf of the LHC will be delivered to the Treasurer within forty-eight (48) hours of the completion of the event unless specific arrangements otherwise have been made with the
ARTICLE 6. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Executive Committee shall be composed of the President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Membership Chair. All members of the Executive Committee are voting members of the LHC Board.
ARTICLE 7. NOMINATING COMMITTEE
The Nominating Committee is composed of the outgoing Executive Committee. The Nominating Committee is responsible for nominating officers and new Board Members for the following year. Nominations may also be made from the floor at the May meeting.
ARTICLE 8. OFFICERS
- Presides at LHC Board
- Serves as LHC liaison to the Athletic Director, ICCSD and
- Appoints committee
- Acts in the absence of the President
- Succeeds the President
- Records and distributes
- Assures notification of Board Members of Special Meetings, when
- Assists with official LHC correspondence.
- Responsible for the accounting of all LHC monies and maintenance of
- Prepares monthly financial reports.
- Membership Chair
- Responsible for registration of
- Maintains current membership list and mailing
ARTICLE 9. STANDING AND AD HOC COMMITTEES
- Standing committees shall be created by the President or the Executive Committee as may be deemed necessary to promote and carry out the objectives of the The President shall appoint the chairpersons of the standing committees.
- The President or the Executive Committee has the power to form special committees and appoint their Such a committee is created and appointed for a specific purpose and ceases to exist when its work is done and a final report is received.
- Standing committee chairpersons shall assume duties immediately following their appointment and shall be responsible for the leadership of the committee under the direction of the President and/or Executive
- At the request of the President, the chairperson of each standing and ad hoc committee shall present a report at each LHC Board
- At the end of their terms, chairpersons of standing committees shall
- Deliver to their successors all official materials relating to their specific
- Deliver to their successors a full report outlining duties and
- President shall be an ex-officio member of all
ARTICLE 10. PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE
Parliamentary procedure at business meetings shall be governed by Roberts Rules of Order
ARTICLE 11. REVISION OF BY-LAWS
These By-Laws may be amended at any monthly LHC Board Meeting where a quorum is present by a two-thirds vote of the LHC Board Members present and voting, provided written notice of the proposed amendment is distributed to all LHC Board members at least one month prior to the meeting.
ARTICLE 12. ADOPTION OF BY-LAWS
These By-Laws supersede any previous By-Laws, and become effective immediately upon adoption by two-thirds of the LHC members present and voting at the August 9, 2017 meeting.
ARTICLE 13. DISSOLUTION
In the event that the Club is dissolved any residual funds, after the payment of all obligations; shall go to the athletic department account of City High School.
ARTICLE 14. NON-DISCRIMINATION
It is the policy of the LHC not to discriminate against any person, activity, or organization because of race, color, religion, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reviewed and adopted on November 11, 1987 by Executive Board: Bill Terry, Chairperson, Joe Fowler, Vice-Chairperson, Denny Stamp, Secretary, Dave Steve, Treasurer.
Revised: May 9, 1990, April10, 1991, May 13, 1992, May 13, 1998, June 9, 2004. August 9, 2017.