Free Half-Day Preschool (Age 4+)
The District, as part of the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program (SWVPP), offers free, half-day preschool during the 2020-2021 school year for children who turn four years old on or before September 15, 2020.
Our preschool programs—
- Use Creative Curriculum, which is based on early childhood theories and research. It creates purposeful and productive learning experiences that help children grow in all areas. The goal of the program is for children to become independent, self-confident, curious learners who work well with others.
- Are taught by state-certified teachers in early childhood and early childhood special education. Each classroom is also staffed with paraeducators who meet the state of Iowa’s criteria for highly qualified early childhood paraeducators.
- Provide an inclusive preschool experience for all students, including those with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
- Are accredited through the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards.
- Offer both AM and PM sessions to meet student and family needs.
- AM programs: Monday–Friday, 7:55–10:45
- PM programs: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday, 12–2:55.
- The preschool program is open on regular school days throughout the year following the District calendars.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
Preschool Application Process & Procedures
Parents/Guardians, using the form below, please:
- Select your top two preferences for your child's preschool. Please select a different elementary location for each preference.
- List your child's home school based on your current address. (Find your home school: Attendance Area Look-Up.)
After you have completed the application below, the District will review all applications, and you will be contacted directly in the spring regarding the registration process, classroom times and placement, along with official AM or PM placement.
Once you have been notified of placement, you will be asked to submit several required documents.