Free Half-Day Preschool (Age 4+)
The District, as part of the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program (SWVPP), offers free, half-day preschool for children who turn four years old on or before September 15, 2019.
Our preschool programs—
- Use Creative Curriculum, which is based on early childhood theories and research. It creates purposeful and productive learning experiences that help children grow in all areas. The goal of the program is for children to become independent, self-confident, curious learners who work well with others.
- Are taught by state-certified teachers in early childhood and early childhood special education. Each classroom is also staffed with paraeducators who meet the state of Iowa’s criteria for highly qualified early childhood paraeducators.
- Provide an inclusive preschool experience for all students, including those with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
- Are accredited through the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards.
- Offer both AM and PM sessions to meet student and family needs.
- AM programs: Monday–Friday, 7:55–10:45
- PM programs: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday, 12–2:55.
- The preschool program is open on regular school days throughout the year following the District calendars.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
How to Apply
Online applications for preschool for 2019-2020 are now open.
- Parent/guardian will select their top three preferences for preschool. Please select a different elementary location for each preference.
- Parent/guardian will be asked to list their home school based on their current address. (Attendance Area Look-Up)
Questions? Contact Tammy Woodring at firstname.lastname@example.org or (319) 688-1000.