Free & Tuition-Based Full-Day Preschool (Age 4+)
The District offers two full-day preschool programs for four-year-olds at Twain and Hills elementary schools:
- Shared Visions Preschool Program, free to income-eligible families
- Tuition-Based Preschool, offering a limited number of openings to families who can pay
Read on to learn more about these two programs and how to apply.
Free, Full-Day Preschool Program
The District offers full-day preschool programming for income-eligible families at Twain and Hills elementary schools, funded through the Shared Visions Preschool Program. Students of eligible families are able to attend at no cost. (See Income Guidelines at the bottom of this page.)
The Shared Visions funding does not cover the cost of lunch; this is the responsibility of the family. Learn about Free and Reduced-Price Lunch.
Twain Shared Visions Preschool
- Meets five days/week, Monday–Friday
- Open during school hours:
- M, T, W, & F: 7:55 AM–2:55 PM
- Thursday: 7:55 AM–10:45 AM
Hills Shared Visions Preschool
- Meets five days/week, Monday–Friday, with wrap-around childcare provided before and after school
- Program hours: 7 AM–5:30 PM
Tuition-Based, Full-Day Preschool
The District has a limited number of tuition-based, full-day preschool slots at Hills and Twain elementary schools.
Twain Tuition Preschool
- Program operates during the school day hours M, T, W, F 7:55 AM–2:55 PM and Th 7:55 AM-10:45 AM
- Tuition pays for the portion of the school day that extends past the free preschool hours
- Tuition for the 2020-21 school year = $500/month
Hills Tuition Preschool
- Program operates during the school day hours, 7:55 AM–2:55 PM, with extended hours available for child care, 7 AM–5:30 PM
- Tuition for the 2020-21 school year for school day hours = $500/month
- Additional tuition required for before-and-after-school childcare
Preschool Application Process & Procedures
Parents/Guardians, using the form below, please:
- Select your top two preferences for your child's preschool. Please select a different elementary location for each preference.
- List your child's home school based on your current address. (Find your home school: Attendance Area Look-Up.)
After you have completed the application below, the District will review all applications, and you will be contacted directly in the spring regarding the registration process, classroom times and placement, along with official AM or PM placement.
Once you have been notified of placement, you will be asked to submit several required documents.
Apply for 2019-2020
Online applications for the 2019-2020 school year are closed. If you are interested in enrolling your child for the 2019-2020 school year, please contact Tammy Woodring at email@example.com or (319) 688-1000.