Free & Tuition-Based Full-Day Preschool (Age 4+)
The District offers full-day preschool programs for four year olds at Twain and Hills elementary schools:
- Shared Visions Preschool Program, free to income-eligible families
- Tuition-Based Preschool, which offers a limited number of openings to families who can pay
Read on to learn more.
Free Full-Day Preschool Program
The District offers full-day preschool programming for income-eligible families at Twain and Hills elementary schools, funded through the Shared Visions Preschool Program. Students of eligible families are able to attend at no cost. (See Income Guidelines below.)
The Shared Visions funding does not cover the cost of lunch; this is the responsibility of the family. Learn about Free and Reduced-Price Lunch.
Twain Elementary Shared Visions Preschool
- Meets five days/week, Monday–Friday
- Open during school hours:
- M, T, W, & F: 7:55 AM–2:55 PM
- Thursday: 7:55 AM–1:55 PM
Hills Elementary Shared Visions Preschool
- Meets five days/week, Monday–Friday, with wrap-around childcare provided before and after school
- Program hours: 7 AM–5:30 PM
Tuition-Based Full-Day Preschool
The District has a limited number of tuition-based full-day preschool slots at Hills and Twain elementary schools.
- Program operates during the school day hours, 7:55 AM–2:55 PM
- Tuition pays for the portion of the school day that extends past the free preschool hours
- Tuition for the 2019–2020 school year = $500/month
- Program operates during the school day hours, 7:55 AM–2:55 PM, with extended hours available for child care, 7 AM–5:30 PM
- Tuition pays for the portion of the school day that extends past the free preschool hours and wrap-around hours.
- Tuition for the 2019–2020 school year for school day hours = $500/month
- Additional tuition required for before-and-after-school childcare
Online Applications for the 2019–20 school year for the Shared Visions Programs and Tuition Slots opened at 12:00 PM on February 6, 2019.
Questions? Contact Tammy Woodring at email@example.com or (319) 688-1000.