Northwest Junior High Attendance Reminders
- Please make every effort to have your son or daughter attend school regularly.
- If your student is going to be absent or needs to leave early from school due to an appointment, please call the attendance line at (319) 688-1061 prior to 8:50 a.m., or email Oleson.Emelia@iowacityschools.org.
- If your student needs to leave early, the office will issue a pass for that student, which they can pick up before the school day begins. Voicemail will be in service to record attendance related messages.
- Calling in advance for any early dismissal helps to limit classroom interruptions when picking up students.
- In order to participate in concerts, athletics, school parties, or other school-sponsored events, students must be in school periods 5–8 on the day of the event. Students who miss any part of periods 5–8 due to an appointment must present a verification of a valid medical appointment to the office prior to participating in the event.
- Students who are absent from school due to scheduled events are required to see their teachers for homework prior to the absence.
- Students who are absent from school due to illness or injury should go to the school’s website at www.iowacityschools.org/NorthwestJH for information regarding missed assignments and classroom activities. Many of the teachers have the documents on their class page. PowerSchool also will have assignments listed.
- Students with long-term illnesses (more than three school days) should consult with their school counselor for assistance in contacting their teachers regarding missing work. Work must be turned in within the same number of days that the student was absent.