Want to better support LGBTQ students in your classroom? Based on our brand-new Best Practices for Serving LGBTQ Students, this webinar models how to create an inclusive classroom culture and build an intersectional curriculum that incorporates queer history and perspectives.
"One of my favorite students came out." "One of my second-graders has changed his name and his pronouns." "My colleague is a lesbian. How can I support her?" "How can I make the school environment inclusive for the entire community?" Join Learning for Justice as we address these concerns with the support of Johanna Eager, director of Welcoming Schools. During this informative, interactive and insightful conversation, she'll share her expertise in bias-based bullying in schools, with emphasis on intersectionality, gender and LGBT inclusivity.
- LGBTQ Youth & Schools Resource Library | ACLU
- Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Teens: Facts for Teens and Their Parents | HealthyChildren.org
- Creating Safer Spaces for LGBTQ Youth | Advocates for Youth
- Just the Facts about Sexual Orientation and Youth:A Primer for Principals, Educators and School Personnel | American Psychological Association
- LGBTQ+ Youth Resources | Human Rights Campaign