PTO Volunteer Opportunities
We know that everyone has many different commitments in their lives, and we hope you are able to find one or two ways to donate or volunteer at Alexander Elementary School that work best for your schedule and family.
Following are some of the efforts the PTO sponsors or co-sponsors throughout the school year. SignUpGenius links will be provided for you to sign up for specific items to donate or shifts to volunteer.
- Back-to-School Ice Cream Social event planning and volunteering
- School Picture Usher
- Hearing Screening Usher
- Weekly Cut & Copy Club
- Knitting Recess Group volunteering (no knitting experience required!)
- Fall Festival event planning, donations and volunteering
- Fall Teacher Appreciation Meal
- Fall Book Fair
- Winter Gear Swap
- Winter PJ Storytime event planning, set-up, and take-down
- Spring Book Fair
- Spring Teacher Appreciation Meal
- End-of-Year Book Fair
- 6th Grade Graduation donations
- End-of-Year Falcon Festival
- District Parent Representative (monthly attendance at DPO meetings)
- T-shirt Sales
District Volunteer Application
If you are interested in volunteering during the day at the school, in a classroom, or with an after-school program, you must complete the school district’s volunteer application and undergo a background check. Learn more.