Pay-to-Ride Student Transportation Program 2019-2020
- The program is provided on a space-available, time-available, first-come, first-served basis. Participation is limited according to capacity as determined by the District and is available to students in grades K-12.
- The program is available only on existing bus routes and at existing stops. No additional routes and or stops will be considered for pay-to-ride students after the deadline.
- Buses provided specifically for special education students are not eligible for this program.
- Bus stop locations and times are assigned by North America Central School Bus (NACSB).
- Availability of seats and location of bus stops is subject to change based on changes in enrollment, boundaries, and other factors determined by the District or North America Central School Bus and can occur at any time. When changes to routes or stops occur, families using pay-to-ride busing will be notified at the same time that families of eligible students are notified.
- Students must be picked up and dropped off at their assigned location only. Pick-up and drop-off must be at the same location.
- Requests for a change in a student’s bus stop will be honored only if the student’s address has changed.
- No guest students will be allowed to ride along with pay-to-ride students.
- All students riding the bus are subject to the rules and regulations of conduct and safety established by the District and NACSB. The District and NACSB use video cameras on school buses as a means to maintain a safe environment for students and staff.
- Refunds will be granted for any unused, full trimester purchased for the current school year.
- No refunds or rate adjustments will be made for days buses cannot operate because of weather or other circumstances beyond the control of NACSB or the District.
- Payments can be made online via the District’s website or by mailing a check. Fee is charged on a per year basis.
Payment and Fees for Service
- Pay-to-ride fee:
- $438 per student, per year, round trip
- $262 per student, per year, round trip, for students who qualify for reduced price lunch
- $0 per student, per year, round trip, for students who qualify for free lunch
- Full payments must be made in advance no later than June 14, 2019 to be included on a bus roster for the start of the school year.
Application Due Date: June 3, 2019
Payment Due: June 14, 2019
- Applications will be accepted after the due dates while capacity remains on existing routes. (Note: Students will be assigned only to existing bus stops and routes; buses will not be re-routed to accommodate requests.)
- Students are not eligible to ride until payment is received and application is approved.
- To apply for pay-to-ride busing, please download the following form:
Pay-to-Ride Student Transportation Application (PDF)
- Payment can be made online, or make checks payable to Iowa City Community School District.
- Mail or bring your application and payment, if paying by check, to the following address:
Iowa City Community School District
1725 N Dodge Street
Iowa City, IA 52245
- The District will begin processing applications upon receipt in the order they are received. Each application and payment will be kept on file until it is determined the student is eligible for a seat on the bus.