ICCSD Dual Enrollment
Dual enrollment is part time enrollment by subject or IEP services, and the student is required to attend school every day (online or in person depending on learning model choice) the subjects/services they are enrolled in meet. At the elementary level, this is usually broken down to a specific portion of the school day (for example 7:55am - 10:45am daily). Dual enrolled students are held to the same attendance requirements as full time students (i.e. parents must call in when absent) and parents are responsible for the instruction the student does not receive at school. To satisfy the dual enrollment requirements, parents must choose at least one of the options below.
- Hire a licenced teacher.
- Parent or guardian serves as educator and student completes an annual assessment (Assessment Opportunities (click for link).
- Participate in the Iowa City Home School Assistance Program and make the quarterly contact requirements with a certified ICHSAP supervising teacher.
The dual enrollment process-
1. e-Register with your attendance area school if you have not already done so. You can access e-Registration (click here for link) and choose either New Students or Returning Students in the menu.
2. Fill out a Form A- Competent Private Instruction Report (click for link) (as well as your ICHSAP Enrollment Form if you plan to also join the ICHSAP) and turn it in or email it to the ICHSAP secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Your dual enrollment designation on the Form A will be a placeholder for when/if you do decide to move forward with dual enrollment. To complete your dual enrollment, please call or email your attendance area school secretary to talk over class schedules, choose the classes you want your student to take and ask your secretary to register your student in those classes. Next please fill out your CPI and Dual Enrollment Plan (link) which details the classes and times of attendance. Once completed you can email a copy of this form to your attendance area school secretary.