Neighborhood Input Process
The Iowa City Community School District Board of Directors will begin developing the attendance areas for the future Christine Grant Elementary School in North Liberty and the future Hoover Elementary School on the east side of Iowa City. Below please find documents outlining the Board of Director’s process for gathering input and proposals from neighborhoods on their elementary boundary preference.
2016 Attendance Review Focus Areas:
- Create Attendance Zones for Christine Grant and Hoover East
- Balance Elementary School Capacity in the following areas:
- Allow Horn Neighborhood Choice
- Allow North Lincoln Neighborhood Choice
- Transportation Renewal: For neighborhoods who determine their #1 priority is to be provided a bus to school, these neighborhoods should provide this input so they can be considered for a school that would provide busing.
- Neighborhood Choice: Review requests from Neighborhoods who request an Elementary School assignment change.
Attendance Zone Community Input:
- NEW!: We plan to request Neighborhood Input at the very beginning of the process (see below). This will include a Public Hearing opportunity for Neighborhoods to review their input.
- Email: Email email@example.com with input.
- Listening Posts: We will plan Listening Posts in April.
- Board Meetings: Community comment always provides a forum for Public Input.
Decision Making Process
- The Board will make the final decision on Attendance Zones. The Board considers all factors in Board Policy Appendix 5 in its decision making process: http://www.iowacityschools.org/pages/ICCSD/board/The_ICCSD_Board_of_Education_W/Board_Policies/Appendicies
- The Board will consider all input, but we want to be clear that your input may or may not be adopted in the final decision.
For questions please contact Chris Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org