Policies and Procedures of Note
We’ve highlighted below some important policies and procedures that have been revised or added in the past few years. These have been implemented to enhance the educational experience we provide for our students.
- Behavior: Students must comply with any reasonable request from a teacher or staff member when at school or a school function. Students who refuse to comply may be suspended.
- Closed Hallways: Students are expected to observe closed hallways signs during lunch shifts and limit their movement to the open hallway. Repeated failure to respect the closed hallway schedule will result in an office referral.
- Health Office: If a student becomes ill or has a health emergency during the school day, he/she must report to the Health Office where a school official can notify a parent or guardian before a student is sent home.
- Open Hour: Any junior or senior who fails one or more classes may lose all open hours and open campus privileges.
- Visitor Policy: In order to maintain a productive school environment, student visitors will not be permitted during the school day.
- Cell Phones: Students may not use or have cell phones out and ringers must be turned off during their scheduled class time. Videotaping of others with a cell phone or any other device without their express permission is not permitted.
- Physical Fighting: Students who engage in physical fighting or physical fighting related behaviors will be suspended out of school. We have zero tolerance for any physical violence in our school and students who engage in these behaviors may face long-term placement in an off-site location.
- After School: Students must exit the school building after school by 3:25 PM (2:25 PM on Thursday), or be in the cafeteria, library, a classroom or scheduled club/activity.
- Deliveries: We will not accept balloon or flower deliveries for students during the school day.
- Car Registration: All students who drive cars to school are required to have their vehicles registered in the main office. Upon completion of a registration form, each student will be issued one parking permit. This will be displayed in the rear driver’s side window of any vehicle parked on school grounds.
- Refund Policy: ICCSD does not have a formal refund policy for fees; all school fees paid are retained even if the student moves away at any time during the year.
- Parking: Careless driving and/or excessive parking violations may result in suspension of parking privileges.