Family Resource Center
The North Liberty Family Resource Center (NLFRC) is a free resource for families in the North Liberty community. Our mission is to affirm, strengthen, support and help reduce a child’s barriers to learning. We as Student and Family Advocates strive to facilitate communication between home and school to ensure a successful learning experience for all students.
We help reduce a child’s barriers to learning by…
- Seeking strategies on family issues – child development, home routines, divorce, mental health issues
- Access Iowa City Community School District resources
- “Language Line”- access this resource to speak with families that speak a different language
- Access community resource – housing, food, doctor/dentist, medical insurance and child care/preschool
- Assist families that have temporary housing issues
- Help navigate referrals and resources for mental health assessments and services
- Welcoming new families to our schools and helping with e-registration and F/R lunch applications
- Support attendance plans/truancy
- Assist with problem solving in crisis situations
- Provide transportation to school related events and necessary appointments
- “Family to Family”- program connecting families in need of household items with families who have household items to donate
How can you support the NLFRC?
- Donate paper products, household cleaning supplies, basic hygiene supplies, and school supplies.
- Donate your used clothing to Stuff, Etc. in Coralville (account number 6941).
- Monetary donations can be made through the ICCSD Foundation for the NLFRC.
- Participate in Family to Family Program by donating your gently used household items. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Winders, Student & Family Advocate