PBIS Parent Guide
Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (P.B.I.S.)
*We are Respectful
*We are Responsible
*We are Problem Solvers
What is P.B.I.S.?
PBIS is a set of strategies and systems that enables our school to:
- Create a culture of positive behaviors
- Reduce behavior disruptions
- Create appropriate environments to educate all students.
This approach fosters successful social behavior and encourages school staff, students, families and community members to work together to create a safe social culture with consistent expectations.
How does PBIS do this?
PBIS invests in prevention. Some of the strategies include:
- Proactive– identify the behaviors expected in all settings
- Active teaching-teachers, students, families and community members often work together to teach and model appropriate behavior
- Ongoing recognition of appropriate behavior-such as tangible rewards or verbal praise
- Clear, consistent consequences for inappropriate student behavior
- Additional support for students with more significant needs
- Collecting and using data to make decisions
The Garner Pledge
I am a Garner Gator.
I know just what to do.
I’m Respectful and Responsible and a Problem Solver too.
I am a Gator Learner.
On a journey to success.
I'm reaching my potential.