Welcome to Library!
Good schools have good school libraries. Good school library programs help students learn and teachers teach. The best school libraries are centers of learning in their schools and this is what each of our libraries strives to be. We have strong, vibrant libraries throughout our district with well-used facilities, diverse collections, relevant curriculum, and well-integrated technologies.
Teacher Librarians work to ensure that the Vision for Iowa's School Libraries is achieved, demonstrating a strong commitment to:
- teach students to think critically and independently to construct new understanding and insights from varied information sources
- lead and embrace the integration of technology to enhance learning
- connect communities of learners in virtual and physical spaces
- collaborate with the school community to design and enact rigorous learning experiences and participate as positive digital citizens
- maximize access to quality print and digital resources
- champion and support the reading life of students
- nurture curiosity to develop in students a passion for learning for life