Title I Program
Students who attend school at Alexander, Borlaug, Coralville Central, Garner, Hills, Hoover, Horn, Kirkwood, Longfellow, Lucas, Mann, ICCSD Online, Twain, Weber, and Grant Wood are eligible to receive services from the Title I program.
Title I is designed to provide instructional support in reading (and possibly math) by highly qualified teachers during the school day. Students participate in one-on-one or small group instruction with a Title 1 teacher or classroom teacher. Title 1 teachers and classroom teachers work together to coordinate the literacy or math instruction provided in the classroom and in the group setting.
Reading Goals may include:
- Increase sight word recognition in reading and writing
- Increase fluency when reading and writing familiar text/words
- Increase use of multiple strategies when reading and writing unfamiliar text/words
- Increase comprehension of and ability to retell stories orally and in writing
Math Goals may include:
- Increase understanding of whole number place value
- Increase proficiency with basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts
- Increase use of appropriate strategies to solve problems
- Increase ability to communicate mathematical thinking to peers, teachers, and others