Welcome to the Horn Elementary PTO!
All parents/guardians of Horn students are automatically members of the PTO – no fees required! We look forward to your involvement and fresh ideas.
PTO at a Glance
- The PTO meets on the first Tuesday of the month, September to May, 6:30 to 8pm, Horn Media Center.
- Each month you will receive a hard copy of the Horn Piper Newsletter which will include information on PTO activities and events. Please get involved! Volunteers are needed for activities during the year. Click on “Volunteer Central” on the Horn website for current needs.
- In addition to the committees listedinside, Lisa Pauley (Horn Secretary)will send periodic requests by email.
Horn PTO Objectives
- Improve communication between parents, school, and community.
- Provide a means for parents to better understand the type of education their children receive at Horn Elementary School.
- Encourage parental involvement in the Horn environment.
- Seek to provide services according to the needs of parents, teachers, children, and the community.
- Coordinate fundraising events in order to purchase various building and classroom needs, which are not funded by the Iowa City Community School District.