Mrs. Schneiter's Page
Welcome to my page! I am the school counselor at Borlaug Elementary. This is my 8th year as a school counselor. I started my career at Springville Elementary in 2010 and was there for 5 years before I moved to be a Borlaug Bulldog in 2015!
I go into each classroom once a week for Counselor Time! I also meet with students one on one or in small groups.
What is Counselor Time?
- During Counselor Time we discuss topics such as Empathy, Problem-Solving, Bullying, and Emotion Management.
- Each Counselor Time lesson is 27 minutes long.
- Lessons are a combination of a skill card, video, book, discussion, and/or activity.
What do I do during one on one sessions?
- One on one sessions are geared toward what the individual student is working on -- emotional regulation, self-esteem, family issues, etc.
- A teacher or parent can refer a student to meet with me individually.
What do we do during small group sessions?
- Small group sessions consist of 3-6 students.
- They will work on a common set of skills together -- friendship groups, emotional regulation groups, changing families groups, academic/behavior groups
If you ever have questions please email me!