My name is Megan Recker and I am the Student & Family Advocate at Horn Elementary School. As a Student & Family Advocate, my mission is to empower the connection between families and school to ensure a successful learning experience for all of our children. I can help support school success through sharing information and supporting Horn families with the following:
- School and Home Connections
- Mental Health Resources
- Temporary Living Situations
- School Supplies
- Community Resources and Referrals
- Parenting Information
If you have any questions, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call my office phone number (319) 688-1179. If you would like to meet with me, it works best to schedule a time in advance. Thanks!
Warm Winter Clothing Distribution (Sponsored by the Consultation of Religious Communities)This is a free distribution of new or gently used winter outerwear for infants through high school ages, including coats, hats, gloves, and scarves. Adult items are also available.
Use this link to select an appointment during the available times from October 20 - October 23, 2021 : https://www.signupgenius.com/
- Appointments Only! You MUST sign up for a time to shop.
- You may shop only during the time that you select.
- All people must be in good health and wear a face covering.
- Due to COVID-19, it is necessary to limit the number of people in the space. Please send just one adult per family to shop for the household. Children are not permitted.
- Time limit is 30 minutes.
- Sign up for ONE day and ONE TIME to shop for your entire family.
go/30e0b49a9ae2fa20-warmLocation: GuideLink Center (far east door of building)340 Southgate Avenue, Iowa City, IA 52240Limited parking is available on Southgate Avenue. The South Iowa City bus runs near this location.Volunteer Opportunities Available - If you wish to help during this event, volunteers may sign up at this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/ go/30e0b49a9ae2fa20-winter2
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates from Johnson County Public Health:
Vaccine supply has greatly increased in Johnson County. There are currently many pharmacies and community locations to receive COVID-19 vaccines.
Please visit the Johnson County Public Health website to learn about your options and find appointments. https://coronavirus-johnsoncounty.hub.arcgis.com/
Iowans 16+ with barriers to scheduling an appointment or who do not have internet access can call 211 for assistance scheduling a vaccine appointment. Translation services are available in many languages. Available 7 days a week from 8am-5pm.