Student & Family Advocate (SFA)
To partner with families and the community to improve school culture and to collaborate with families to allow each student's highest potential to be reached.
Student and Family Advocates provide individual student support, promote parent engagement and act as a liaison between school, parents and community resources in order to enhance student wellness. Specific activities include:
- Crisis management & de-escalation
- Manage mental health services
- Access district resources - i.e. School-based therapy, Healthy Kids school-based health clinic, extracurricular activities
- Assist families with access to community resources for housing, food, employment, medical insurance and childcare
- Educate school staff on family and cultural dynamics, as well as children's psychosocial needs
- Provide support to office staff for school registration and Free and Reduced Lunch applications
- Act as a liaison for families and the school setting to access appropriate mental health supports
Please reach out at any time if you are in need of support for your Weber Dolphin, or your family. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may call the office (319) 688-1170 and ask for the SFA.