Welcome to the City High Library
Our physical space is closed, but our library staff are ready to help!
The library is a common space that is closed to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Some classes will be held in the library throughout the day to help our classes and teachers distance safely. Our library and tech staff are here every day. We'll check out books for classes; give advice, teaching, and access to online resources; assist with research, and more.
The Iowa City Community School District, in partnership with the Coralville, Iowa City, and North Liberty public libraries, is pleased to announce a new literary initiative to offer students greater access to books and other resources. We call it the AIM Card.
How to Use AIM
- Go to Digital Libraries of Johnson County. (See link at right.)
- Search icpl digital library
- Click Sign In
- Choose ICCSD Student, instead of a library
- Put in your nine-digit ID number!
Click here for more detailed AIM Instructions.
How to Put a Book on Hold in Destiny
- Go to Destiny Discover
- Login with Google
- Place Hold
Click to the left for detailed instructions on How to Put a Book on Hold
The library should engage the entire school community to elevate the learning experience for all.
- Teach students and staff to think critically and independently to construct new understandings and insights from varied information sources
- Lead and embrace the integration of technology to enhance learning
- Connect communities of learners in virtual and physical spaces
- Collaborate with the school community to design and enact rigorous learning experiences and participate as positive digital citizens
- Maximize access to quality print and digital resources
- Champion and support the reading life of every student
- Nurture curiosity to develop a lifelong passion for learning.