FIRST ANNUAL GRANT ELEMENTARY STORYBOOK PUMPKIN CONTEST
- When: October 14th through October 25th
- All pumpkins need to be turned in by October 25th at 3 p.m.
- Judging: October 28th through October 30th
- Who is judging? All Grant teachers
- What can you win? - $25 Barnes and Noble gift card
- Winner announced? - October 31st
- Students may use any size pumpkin as long as it is a fake pumpkin (plastic, Styrofoam, etc.) DO NOT use real pumpkins as they will rot and damage the books.
- The pumpkin must be painted to look like a character from a book of your child(s) choosing, preferably their favorite story.
- Students may attach/glue on items such as ears, beak, etc. however do not cut or carve the pumpkin.
- Using a Sharpie write the student’s name and grade on the BOTTOM of the pumpkin. Each pumpkin will be given a number so that judges will not know which student painted which pumpkin.
- Participation is completely OPTIONAL.
Any questions, please email email@example.com
Welcome to the Grant Library!
Thank you for visiting the Grant Library page. My name is Jen Panther. I am in my 11th year of teaching, 3rd with Iowa City Community Schools. I currently live in North Liberty with my husband, Ed, daughters, Emma and Jillian, and our dog, Gable. My family is also fortunate to have my special needs brother, Jason, living with us. We love having him around and he brings laughter to our house on a daily basis. My family loves all sports and can be found attending events at Regina, where my daughters play volleyball, basketball, throw for track and pitch for softball. When not planted in the bleachers cheering on our daughters we love attending University of Iowa sporting events.
I get the pleasure of having Anne Oxley helping me in the library as the Media Secretary. Ms. Anne can also be found in the office helping Beth out at the beginning and end of the day.
Please stop in and see us if you come to Grant. We would love to meet you.