Family Resource Center
"Building partnerships between families, schools, and the community"
Kirkwood Family Resource Center:
The Student and Family Advocate through the Kirkwood Family Resource Center (FRC) provides support, resources, and referrals to families with children attending Kirkwood Elementary School. All programs and services are FREE of charge and available to all Kirkwood families.
Kirkwood FRC Mission:
To improve the quality of life for the families of Kirkwood Elementary and to promote increased student achievement by supporting families, students, and school staff.
Kirkwood FRC Services:
- Family Support
- Family Team and individualMeetings
- Mental health appointments and services referrals
- Community resources referrals
- Consultation on child mental heath and behavior evaluations
- Family events at the school
- Home Visits
- Parent Library of parenting and children books
- Applications to DHS and community programs (Medicaid, food assistance, child care assistance, etc.)
- Attendance supports
- Mentoring for students
- Welcome tours
- School Supplies
- Winter wear clothing
- Operation Back Pack