Car Line & Parking Lot Information
One area that we continue to try to improve upon is our drop off and pick up procedures. Our first priority is always to ensure that the kids can arrive and depart safely each day. Below are some recommendations that will assist in the efficiency of our process and help keep our children safe.
On the back of this letter there is a map to help illustrate our drop-off and pick-up procedures. We have also added some staff parking behind the school, which will provide more parking spots for families before and after school.
Drop Off and Pick Up Recommendations:
- We strongly encourage parents to use the car line both before and after school. This significantly reduces the amount of foot traffic in the parking lot during our most hectic times of the day.
- When using the car line, please plan for your student(s) to be able to exit/enter the car on the right hand side of the vehicle, so they do not exit/enter into traffic.
- If you need to walk your student into the building before school, please use the visitor parking spots located in the front row of the parking lot.
- Before school we have two car lines for dropping off students.
- Students being dropped off coming from S. Front St and to the east please use the car line that circles the parking lot.
- Students being dropped off coming from the west will use Birch St. to approach the school and use the former bus circle as your drop off lane.
- The last two lanes of the parking lot will be closed to thru traffic in the morning.
- After school we will use the car line that surrounds the parking lot for personal vehicles picking up their children. The bus circle will remain open exclusively for buses, day care providers, and families with permission from Principal Proud.
- The after school car line begins at the marked line that is perpendicular to the first parking island. There is a line painted on the ground, and it will be marked with cones. Please do not park in front of this line for after school pick up.
- We are also asking families to please not park on Birch St. after school when picking up your children. This limits lanes of traffic and causes additional congestion.
We appreciate your cooperation in our efforts to make sure that all of our students remain safe during the drop-off and pick-up times. Please contact me directly at 688-1190 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or concerns.