Northwest Junior High SFAs
We are the Student and Family Advocates here at Northwest Junior High. Our goal is to partner with families, the school and the community to improve student achievement and success.
What We Do
We provide support, counseling, resources and referrals to students and families of NWJH.
- Family support and advocacy
- Mental health support and referrals
- Home visits
- Community resources and referrals
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Provide support for attendance plans
- Referrals to area LGBTQIA resources
- Homeless and transitional housing resources
- Assist with e-registration
- Assist with free and Reduced Lunch applications
- Help with health insurance and medication
- Assist with applications to DHS and community programs
- Access to community/school activities- scholarships, forms and referrals
- Provide mentoring for students
- Provide school supplies
- Provide access to winter wear and clothing
- Educate school staff on family and cultural dynamics
The SFA is available daily, following the school calendar, and during other times as needed/by appointment. Services are free for families. Please contact your school SFA if you have any questions.