Transition Alliance Program (TAP)
The goal for each TAP student is competitive integrated employment, whether that is directly out of high school or after completing post-secondary training.
What is TAP?
The TAP is a partnership between Iowa City Community School District (ICCSD) and Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services (IVRS).
TAP provides the following Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) to ICCSD students:
- Job Exploration Counseling
- Work-Based Learning Experiences
- Counseling on Opportunities
- Workplace Readiness Training
- Self Advocacy Instruction
TAP provides post-secondary training and employment support services to graduates of ICCSD who have been determined eligible for IVRS while in high school.
A student must have one of the following:
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- 504 plan
- Documented diagnosis that presents barriers to employment
- Completed Pre-ETS agreement and IVRS consent form