Grant Wood PTO
Who We Are
The Grant Wood Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is an important element to our school. We are here to be heard as a parents’ point-of-view and to hear how we, as a community, may help and support our teachers in their work to best meet the needs of all our students. Being part of the PTO is a positive and supportive way to get involved in your child’s school career and to get to know the school Principal and the Wood Teachers.
What PTO Has Done in Past Years...
- Movie night with free popcorn from the machine the PTO purchased for the school.
- PTO sponsored the concessions at movie night and school carnival.
- Support funding for bussing for student field trips.
- PTO sells Grant Wood School car decals.
- Helped sponsor visiting musicians and artists that visit the school.
- Organized school dine-out fundraisers.
- PTO provided meals to teachers on conference nights/days since they're not able to leave the building.
- Help with picture day, hearing tests, and vision tests.
- Help manage and support safe use of the school parking lot/car line
With your help, we can do so much more!
How You Can Help
Grant Wood PTO meets every two weeks on Wednesdays, at 5:30pm. Join us and continue representing the diverse community we are and to contribute to the discussions and the planning as we continue to grow as an organization and as a community.
...there will be many ways to be involved in PTO!
- Volunteer to help at a future event.
- Help us brainstorm ways we can help our students and teachers.
- Help us navigate the various resources available within our community.
The following are great ways to connect with the PTO and stay informed of upcoming activities: