Van Allen ROCKS!
The Van Allen Birthday Boulder is a fun way to display a birthday message to your student. For a $10 rental fee (proceeds to the school PTO) the Birthday Boulder can be reserved for your child’s special day. MANY THANKS to River Products Company (RPC) for donation of the boulder and to Forever Green Landscaping for donating their services in moving and placing the boulder!!
Follow the Sign Up Genius link Birthday Boulder to reserve your spot. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090849a9ab2fa20-vanallen2
First come, first served. Here are a few tips:
- Reserve the rock early. Dates are filling up quickly! #
- If your child has a summer birthday, consider painting a message on their 1/2 birthday; however, we will continue to take reservations through the summer.
- Wear clothes /shoes you don’t mind getting paint on!
- If possible, use quick drying spray paint. Paint the entire rock with your base color then allow to dry thoroughly before adding a colorful message. Overestimate the amount of spray paint needed.
Rules of Birthday Boulder Rental:
- Payment by check is preferred (check made to Van Allen PTO with “Birthday Boulder” in the note line). If cash is used, it must be in a sealed envelope with your child’s name / “Birthday Boulder” on the outside. Payment should be submitted prior to your reservation date, and can be placed in the PTO mailbox in the school office.
- The rock can be painted any time after 4pm the night BEFORE (ex: You reserve for 8/19. You may paint any time after 4pm on 8/18).
- Renter supplies all paint and supplies needed.
- Keep area around the Birthday Boulder clean and neat while painting.
- Only birthday messages are to be painted on the Birthday Boulder - no other types of messages will be accepted at this time.
- No profane words, symbols or derogatory or offensive messages will be permitted on the Birthday Boulder.
- If you have questions, please contact the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org.