The Teacher Leadership and Compensation System rewards effective teachers with leadership opportunities and higher pay, attracts promising new teachers with competitive starting salaries and more support, and fosters greater collaboration for all teachers to learn from each other.
Goals & Focus
Goals of the District's Teacher Leadership Plan
Focus of TLC Professional Learning
- Ensure all efforts are designed to improve student learning.
- Build the content knowledge and instructional capacity of all teachers.
- Maximize opportunities and time for collaboration while minimizing time out of the classroom.
- Respond to both the individual and group needs of teachers.
- Allow for flexibility of implementation to accommodate building differences.
- Provide high quality PD that is relevant to teacher practice.
- Foster innovation.
- Offer multiple leadership roles as part of a system where teachers can rotate in and out of positions.
- Support all teachers to seek leadership opportunities.
- Ensure teachers play a key role in the ongoing management of the program.
- The way you communicate and build relationships with people affects the outcome. Using specific language frames and strategies dramatically increases the likelihood of teacher engaging in reflective, learner-focused conversations.
- Teacher leaders work purposefully to increase the capacity of all teachers to reflect on their own practice and make instructional decisions that positively impact student achievement.
- Effective professional development, whether on an individual or group basis, aligns district goals with teacher-identified needs by collecting and sharing formative data, eliciting and providing regular feedback, and reflecting on next steps.
- Effective educational systems align their efforts to complement and support identified goals and initiatives, building upon what is already in place.