Skip To Main Content

Schools Trigger

Weglot Trigger

Mobile CTAs

Header Right

Utility Container

Schools Trigger

container-btn weglot-trigger

Search Trigger

Search Container

Schools Nav

Pinned CTAs

Board Policies


Last Updated Date: 03/22/2022

Adoption Date: 06/22/2021

Revision History: 3/22/22 (updated), 2/14/23 (reviewed), 2/13/24 (reviewed)

The notice should state the student's final day of attendance. If the student is not enrolling in another school district, the school district will maintain the student's records in the same manner as the records of students who have graduated from the school district.

If the parents or guardian wish to have the student's cumulative record sent to the new school district, the parents or guardian must notify the building principal in writing. This notice will include the name of the school district and the person at the new school district to whom the student's cumulative records should be sent. If the new school district requests the student's cumulative records, the school district will forward the cumulative records and notify the parents or guardian the records have been sent. The notice will inform the parents or guardian of their right to review the records sent.

If the student is of compulsory education age and not transferring to another public school district or an accredited nonpublic school, the parents or guardian will notify the building principal that the student is receiving competent private instruction and file the necessary competent private instruction reports.

Policy References:

Legal Reference:

20 U.S.C. § 1232g 
Iowa Code §§ 274.1; 299.1-.1A 

Cross Reference:

501.15    Open Enrollment Transfers - Procedures as a Receiving District
604.01    Private Instruction

  • 500