New Benefit: Teladoc
The District is happy to announce that Teladoc services are available to all employees and their families who are covered by the District’s health insurance plan. Information about this service includes:
- Teladoc should not replace your regular physician. This should be reserved for situations where your physician’s office is not available, you know the condition you are suffering from, and likely need a prescription. Since this is a phone service, diagnostic and emergency services are not the intent.
- There is no cost to the member for the use of Teladoc ($0 co-pay).
- Registration is quick and easy. You must first register before using the service, so register now. Don’t wait until you need the Teladoc service.
- When registering select NO for “Do you have a username” then enter the Iowa City Community School District as Employer
Teladoc is a telemedicine service that connects patients with licensed doctors by web, phone, or mobile app within minutes. Teladoc physicians can diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications (if necessary) for common health issues such as cold and flu, allergies, infections, rashes, and more. Teladoc is available 24/7, 365 days/year, and 92% of medical issues are resolved after the first “visit.”
Teladoc is not intended as a replacement for your primary care physician. This service will help you access care when your regular physician is unavailable and provides a lower cost alternative to an ER or urgent care center for non-emergency health events.
To sign up for Teladoc:
- Visit teledoc.com.
- Click “Set Up Account”.
- Download the app and click "Activate Account"
Don’t wait until an illness arises to sign up; do so today to ensure immediate access to care when the need arises.