Friday, October 30th, 2020
- Calling all students interested in short film and broadcast! Speech team is kicking off its season Monday, November 2nd at 4:15 on Zoom. Come learn about the ways we will perform together apart this season. Speech is a fun, expressive outlet--no acting experience required. If you want to laugh and connect with other Little Hawks, join Speech. Email Ms. Brinkmeyer for a link to the meeting. If you can't make the meeting but want to join, google "join little hawk speech," and fill out the form. You can also see videos of the events in action.
- Attention girls who are interested in playing basketball this year:
The girls’ basketball program is kicking off next week. There will open gyms everyday right after school until 5:30 in the old gym (on Wednesday it will end at 4:30). No open gym on Tuesday next week. Elections.
There will be a meeting for all girls interested in basketball during Advisory period on Monday in Room 2307 (Coach McTaggart’s Room).
- Attention wrestlers you have the first opportunity to do your body comp test today after school in the old gym. Contact Coach Connell with any questions.
- If you are looking for a way to earn Silver Cord hours, we have a couple of Silver Cord opportunities:
- The Lucas Off-Campus Program is looking for volunteers to help kids with their schoolwork. If you want more information stop in the Main Office.
- Stepping Stones Preschool is also seeking student volunteers to help with some outside Fall cleanup and someone to help get some things organized on the inside of the building. If you want to learn more, stop in the Main Office.
- Please enter the Pumpkin Carving Contest Fundraiser for City High Dance Marathon! Send your photos of your weirdest or prettiest pumpkin to the link in City High Dance Marathon Instagram for a chance to win! Top 3 winners get prizes and the winner gets prizes PLUS gift cards to places in Iowa City! There is a $5 entry fee, so Venmo us at @CityHighDanceMarathon, and the deadline is October 31st!
- Juniors the Zoom Info Session for the Rotary World Affairs Seminar on will be held on Tuesday, November 10 during Advisory. You can learn how to attend a free leadership camp with students from around the globe. You will hear about last year’s seminar from World Affairs alumni. The Zoom link will be available on the City High website and in an email you will receive from Principal John Bacon. We hope to see you there! If you have questions or want to sign up, please see Ms. Hanrahan in the Main Office or contact Rotarian Sarah Richardson firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up is not required for the Info Session, but we would like to know if you are coming.
Join Zoom Meeting
- Juniors and Seniors, if you are interested in taking a course through the University of Iowa, the PSEO paperwork is now available for you to pick in the guidance office. The deadline to return the paperwork to the guidance office is Friday, November 11th. This is a firm deadline.