Iowa City, IA – May 1, 2023 – The ICCSD Community Education District-wide Advisory Council (CEDAC) is seeking three new representatives from the following geographic areas:
- Iowa City, 3-year term (interested person must live within city limits and the ICCSD)
- Coralville, 3-year term (interested person must live within city limits and the ICCSD)
- Hills, University Heights, & unincorporated areas of Johnson County, 3-year term (interested person must live within city limits and the ICCSD)
Individuals who are interested in applying can fill out a brief application here: bit.ly/CEDACapplication
Applications are due June 9, 2023.
The purpose of the District’s Community Education program is to provide educational, recreational, cultural, and other community services and programs through the concept of community education, with the school district serving as the center for such activity. Current programs and services supported through CEDAC include the Student and Family Advocate program, before and after-school programs, and services to support ICCSD’s diverse student and family population.
The role of a CEDAC Advisory Council member is:
- Represent your geographic area and/or other constituent groups as we discuss needs, set goals and recommend the allocation of funding
- Participate in four quarterly CEDAC meetings
- Between council meetings, visit with others in your community --- colleagues, parents, and youth to share what issues we are addressing and get their ideas