Athletics and Activities Update
The District released a comprehensive Return-to-Learn guide for safely returning to school this fall. While the guide offers a great deal of information, there is a particular item to which we would like to draw your attention regarding athletics and activities.
As a general rule, capacity limits for activities have been established by the District; however, some flexibility will be granted to building administrative teams to ensure appropriate social distancing based on the configuration of each school's facility. For competitions and performances, the following attendance guidelines apply:
- Outdoor Activities (i.e. football games): Each participating student and coach will be provided three tickets.
- Indoor Activities (i.e. volleyball games): Capacity will be limited to the lesser of 50% of the venue’s capacity OR each participating student and coach being provided two tickets.
- Individuals without a ticket, including students and staff, will not be permitted into the performance/competition.
- Spectators will be required to wear a face covering while attending District-sponsored performances and competitions. Individuals who don’t comply will be asked to leave.
- The same guidelines will apply for non-District schools that are participating in the competition.
Athletics and activities decisions have been made in collaboration with our principals, athletic directors, coaches, and support staff based on guidance from the CDC, IDPH, JCPH, IHSAA, and IGHSAU. While we understand that some of these protocols may cause inconvenience, we feel these are necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, and fans. We appreciate your continued support. #ICCSDtogether