Please send open enrollment forms to:
Iowa City Community School District
Attn: Open Enrollment
1725 North Dodge Street
Iowa City, Iowa 52245Just to clarify: Open enrollment requests allow you to enroll your student in a school district different from their current one. Voluntary transfers, on the other hand, are when parents request for their student(s) to attend a school within their same district that isn't their assigned neighborhood school.
Open Enrollment Application
If you are interested in open enrolling your student(s), please complete the application linked below and mail it to the address on the left.
Have additional questions?
Check our our Frequently Asked Questions below, email the Office of Teaching and Learning, or call (319) 688-1000.
- Does an application need to be filed for each individual student?
- Does an OE application need to be filed on an annual basis?
- Can I choose which school my student will attend?
- Is there any cost involved?
- Can my request be denied?
- Do we need to request open enrollment if we move out of the district and want our student to remain in the same school district?
- Does open enrollment affect athletic eligibility?
- Can an 11th or 12th grade student complete their education at the resident district if their family moves to another district?